Be a Summer Youth Worker in Egleston Square!
Egleston Square Main Street has 3 summer youth jobs available this year through the SuccessLink program! Read on for more info…
We are located in the Roxbury/Jamaica Plain neighborhood of Egleston Square and our office is inside of the Egleston Square YMCA. Part of this job will be in person in Egleston Square and part will be remote. ESMS will provide a mask and gloves for you to use on the job.
On the job, you’ll learn about our community, and:
- Distribute flyers throughout the neighborhood
- Safely beautify, clean, and activate neighborhood parks, sidewalks and the Egleston Square Peace Garden
- File, copy, store and stock supplies
- Assist with neighborhood meetings and cultural events
- Research and create a directory / map of all the parking lots and green spaces in our neighborhood [part remote, part in person]
- Participate in weekly online learning and discussion sessions about social justice issues, small business, and more
- Take online tutorials and participate in peer skill shares to boost social media, outreach, and job readiness skills
- Create and update Google My Business and social media profiles for small businesses
- Assist with outreach, such as calling and texting community members to remind them of meetings
The ideal candidate for this job:
- Loves working with people and the community
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively with others
- Must be willing to spend time outdoors during the summer doing gardening and maintenance work including while wearing a mask
- Is available on weekdays and Saturdays
- Is reliable, responsible, self-motivated, with good judgement and decision-making skills
- Is bilingual in English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese
- Has computer skills and access to the internet from home
- Good writing and communication skills preferred
- Takes initiative to solve problems and figure things out on their own when needed
- Interested in small business / entrepreneurship, gardening, public art, cultural events, community outreach and organizing, housing and homelessness issues, and/or community health
- Is able to lift 30 lbs
Apply TODAY through the City of Boston’s SuccessLink Youth Employment Program.
About Us: Egleston Square Main Street’s (ESMS) mission is to build our community, strengthen our business district and revitalize our public spaces through partnerships with local merchants, residents and community groups. ESMS works to create a neighborhood where small businesses can thrive by bringing together neighbors, merchants, artists, organizations and youth to drive grassroots revitalization and development without displacement.